Azure Dreams PS1 De-randomizer
This de-randomizer targets the original NTSC-U release of Azure Dreams (SLUS-00614). You will need an image of your game disc in BIN/CUE format.
If the seed name is appended to your randomized image filename after downloading, you will need to modify your cue file track listing to reference the new filename. You can also create a new cue file using the feature above, assuming the bin file uses mode 2 encoding.
Do not overwrite your original BIN file; keep it somewhere safe or you may need to obtain it again from your original disc.
This de-randomizer sets the each floor layout based off of the floor number, number of climbs up the tower, and a random seed. As such, each trip up the tower should be unique but consistent with anyone else using the same seed.
Some randomization and other options are also available, but only tutorial and intro skips are enabled under the "Safe" preset.
This de-randomizer is a fan project and is not affiliated with Konami/KCET, the developer and publisher of Azure Dreams. Please support the official release.
- SotN Randomizer, from which this project is derived (under the terms of the WTFPL - thanks Wild Mouse)
- Azure Dreams Speedruns, an AD discord server
- Mozilla Public License 2.0, the license under which this software is released
Known issues: there is a known bug with the intro skip, where re-entering your house via your front door at any point will cause the game to freeze. For a single race, this is fine, but I suggest disabling it for anything more than that. There also appear to be issues with sharing URLs - I suggest just passing the seed and flags separately for now. Both of these known issues are being worked on.
- v1.4.6 Fixed bug with atypical element choice.
- v1.4.5 Added options to choose starter's element and to awaken dormant spells on just the starting monster type.
- v1.4.4 Fixed minor bug where randomizing starter element on Hikewne would also randomize the element on Dark Shoot, which caused problems with direct magic.
- Fixed link to discord.
- v1.4.3 Fixed bug when randomizing starter element where initial spell's element would not match starter's new element (if different).
- v1.4.2 Added options to allow hidden spells to be available by default and random starter element (suggested by Sand_Knight_ and Baldwin).
- v1.4.1 Added option to allow spells to level up even when the monster does not share the spell's native element (suggested by Baldwin).
- v1.4.0 Added option to choose or randomize starting monster. Kewne will still pretend to be your familiar in cutscenes.
- v1.3.0 Added option to automatically skip most of the otherwise unskippable introductory cutscenes. There is still a lot of loading, but it's a much improved experience for races and practice.
- v1.2.2 Changed enemizer so Nyuels and Battnels no longer spawn below floor 6.
- v1.2.1 Fixed bug in enemizer that prevented most enemies from spawning above level 1.
- v1.2.0 Added monster shuffle option (a.k.a. enemizer).
- v1.1.0-beta Added support for tutorial skip (not captured in URL).
- Fixed link for reporting issues.
- v1.0.4 Added support for all single-room floors (not captured in URL).
- v1.0.3 Fixed more sources of RNG, added cue file generation, fixed front-end bugs.
- v.1.0.0 First public release.